Re: [BaadAssGremlins] things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.............

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.............

I am kind of surprised that so many of your shows do it by  vehicle age. Around here they mostly do it by make of car. Ford, GM, and Mopar. Then they have one for street rod, Depending on how big the show is they might have other classes. About the only ones who put them in years is when they have an all Ford show or something like that. Like I said I go to very few that charge an entry fee and judge the car. I really don't appreciate spending $25 to just be told we really don't have a class for you. The only trophy I ever one was at a freebie and I got it for best Mopar. I can understand the judging at the international meets where you are judging a Gremlin against another Gremlin but I just don't see how these guys can actually judge a 55 Corvette against a 64 Corvair or a 65 Falcon against a 57 T-bird. I just stick to my free shows and if they have trophies I don't get upset because the 3rd grade class of St. Patrick's  elementary school picked the 46 LaSalle fire truck over my Gremlin for a trophy. I knew I should have gone for the $25 car length of tickets instead of the $1 ticket for the 50/50 drawing.
Terry

Luke Wardwell <horneteer2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmmm   that has happened at shows I have been to. I can enter my car in the 70s class, so just 70s can enter.
I remember seeing a 2 year old Vett (not Chevette) winning against excellent restored 50s  on up Corvettes.  I have seen it happen before. Its not fair.
I am not fond going to AMC shows and see members cars win everything, not the other guys cars. I remember one show where there was a category for childrens pick.
It was a regular old Classic wagon or something that won. I thought the brightly colored American painted up like the American flag would catch thier attention first.   Oh well.
They kinda mocked my dented fender and door also. Not as good of an experience as I hoped for for my 5 hour drive.

GrublinX@aol.com wrote:

The wife and I took the Gremlin and Pacer to a show today. I was assigned to the modified '72 to current class. Look at this photo and see the car I'm parked next to - a brand new Mustang worth more than my house. Of course, the motor head judges chose his car. Now, I ain't normally a sore looser, but I was surrounded by cars that folks spent many hours restoring and put their heart and soul into - just as I did. This kid takes daddy's money to the Ford dealer, plops down 60K, (or more?) drives to the show and wins a freaking trophy. For every two of the spectators that looked at his car, 5 looked at mine. What kind of crap is that? Does anyone else experienced this, or even bothered by this crap? Why the hell are these cars even at the show? If they have to be there, put them in a corner away from restored vehicles. OK, enough of my social commentary.........

Charlie

"Cool Factor X"

See what's free at AOL.com.

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. __._,_.___

Automotive radiator repair