[BaadAssGremlins] HUGE Thanks to JavelinmanJohn!!!

[BaadAssGremlins] HUGE Thanks to JavelinmanJohn!!!

John Schifko (Member here) Came over fri night and stayed until 2 am
trying to help me shoehorn my 401 into my Gremlin. At 2am after
trying just about everything we called it a night.  Today he came
over again and with a suggestion from Rick Abt (memeber here) that
we take a 1/8th off the studs on the Rubber Motor mounts.  I also
took a suggestion about Beating the tranny tunnel in a tad.

After swinging the engine and tranny back into the engine bay we had
it bolted down in a matter of minutes.

John had to leave and spend time with his Family and Nurse a
massive headache.

I then raised the front end off the ground 2 feet and set it on jack
stands and took the passenger side Control arm bracket off all to
start installing my headers.

The Headers went in with no problems and were a cinch to bolt up and
install the starter.

After looking underneath for a Minute or two I noticed the AMC th400
has tons of room around the tunnel.  It was two factory lifting
bosses on the tranny that where contacting the tunnel upon
installation. It was just enough to hold us up though.

Anyway, Thanks to John and all of you guys that gave me the tips and
the help the last few days trying to get this damn 401 in my
Gremlin!!

Now its time bust Butt and get the car making stripes on the
road!!!!!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: