Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Parts question: No Air Shocks

....'Now you can take out the 2 bolts holding each leaf spring'.... All was pretty simple right up to this point. We are all talking about 30-35 year old cars here, aren't we? Davis, not everybody has them thar' tourches and welders like you. GOOD LUCK,  'Themix2'

-----Original Message-----
From: Davis Martin
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 5:37 pm
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Parts question: No Air Shocks

Actually if you can replace shocks replacing the leafsprings is just as easy. All you need is a jack, 4 jack stands and basic tools. Took me about 2 Hrs start to finish.
 Just jack up the rear of the car and put 2 stands uner the rear frame. Then remove the 4 Ubolts clamping the rear to the springs. Then jack up the rear off the springs and support it with the other 2 stands. Now you can take out the 2 bolts holding each leafspring inplace. Put new springs in and reverse order for reassembly.
 Davis