From: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dan M.
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 7:38 PM
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] 77 amx rear axle questions/help

I have a 77 hornet amx with the 258/4 speed. I was told that the rear
axle bearings need to be replaced. My questions are:

1. Is this difficult, or can I do this myself (I'm somewhat of a
novice)?
2. What other rear axles (amc or otherwise) will either directly bolt
in or will bolt in with minimal modification?
3. Does anybody have 1 for sale around the Chicago area?
4. My mechanic says it will be $850 for the parts/labor. I've never
had this done before - is this a reasonable price?

Thanks,
Dan