Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Rear Axle Vent?

I think you are exactly right. It is a vent hose. I had one come off on an old Van I had and it caused me a big pain. I had breaks and tires put on it and I started getting rear end oil all over the place. Took it back and they thought my axle housing had cracked and sent me to big truck repair shop to have it fixed. They actually welded my axle housing not once but twice when the first time didn't fix it. The guy that lived behind my mother used to drive race cars at a local track. He put the thing up on some ramps and said just what I thought the vent hose is gone. He put a new hose on it and fixed the problem. So while it is not a big deal, mine just leaked enough to cause a mess you might want to replace it.
Terry

BLDFW <bldfw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm finally in the slow process of rebuilding my 72
Gremlin and have begun reinstalling the front
suspension. I've also converted to front disk brakes.
Part of the process is to remove and clean the brake
lines and replace the three flex hoses, the two in
front and the one to the lines attached on the axle.

Previously I noticed on the rear axle, there is also a
vent hose of sometype that attaches to a nipple on the
passenger top side of the axle and goes up to the
frame. I keep forgetting about it and noticed it
again last night. I've not had a chance to check the
manual so I thought I throw the question out here.....

Anyone know what the purpose of that hose is for?

Thanks.

Bill
Dallas, TX.

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos. __._,_.___

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair