[BaadAssGremlins] Rear Axle Vent?

I'm finally in the slow process of rebuilding my 72
Gremlin and have begun reinstalling the front
suspension. I've also converted to front disk brakes.
Part of the process is to remove and clean the brake
lines and replace the three flex hoses, the two in
front and the one to the lines attached on the axle.

Previously I noticed on the rear axle, there is also a
vent hose of sometype that attaches to a nipple on the
passenger top side of the axle and goes up to the
frame.  I keep forgetting about it and noticed it
again last night.  I've not had a chance to check the
manual so I thought I throw the question out here.....

Anyone know what the purpose of that hose is for?

Thanks.

Bill
Dallas, TX.

<*> Your email settings: