Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 232 oil pump problem

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 232 oil pump problem

Well I can tell you one thing it is not normal for the oil pump to be going out. Knock on wood of all the old junks I have own I have only had one oil pump go out. I have no idea why they would be going out unless it is just poor construction from the factory. If nobody has any suggestions I am like you I would be tempted to put the old one back in it. Seems a shame though. Sorry I wasn't any help.
Terry

paxiljunki <paxiljunki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys. Long time no post. I have a problem. I have less than 900
miles on my rebuilt 232 engine and just today its 2nd _brand new_ oil
pump crapped out. Thank god I was already in my driveway.

The first new oil pump died within 5 minutes of operation and the
engine had to be pulled to replace it. Now this. Again.

Is this common? Is there a reputable company someone can refer me to
that sells replacement oil pumps for this engine? I am absolutely at
wits end. I'm tempted to put the original pump back in it (I kept it).

Jen aka Pax
78 Gremlin
(yeah that was my car on Canadian TV)

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos. __._,_.___

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair