[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 258 question

With the engine warm,,,, The low side should be at least 20 psi. at
idle. High side (above idle) about 50 psi is OK. These pressures are
figuring in original oil pump, engine with that amount of miles on it
etc... not perfect pressure and range but it is good enough. New
engine/oil pump etc.. your range should be 30-60 psi, low to high. Many
factors affect oil pressure, like bypass spring possibly weak, rod and
main bearing wear, lifters, oil pump gears, the weight of the oil that
you are using.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GrublinX@... wrote:

> What kind of oil pressure should I expect from a 258 with 76,000
miles on  it?

>  Charlie
>
> "Cool Factor  X"

<*> Your email settings: