Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 258 gasket question: Attn: Luke

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 258 gasket question: Attn: Luke

In a message dated 4/25/2007 9:14:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, baddassgremlin@xxxxxxx writes:
Charlie, what did they send you? I really find this hard to understand
how they can get a commom part wrong. What part numbers have you
ordered so far that have been wrong? Bob in MN.
Hey Bob,
 As I've admitted many times, I am a social worker, not a mechanic. I'll try to explain this the best I can -- you'll have to tell me if it makes sense.
They keep sending me a part marked "Intake Manifold Set," part number 23643G made by Corteco.It is a single round donut.
If I am reading my AMC repair manual correctly, I need what they describe as the "Intake Manifold Gasket" that sits between the intake and exhaust manifolds. (They were made of steel clad asbestos back then. Has six holes, obviously -- one for each cylinder.) Does this make sense? I've tried to explain this to 3 different parts dealers and all keep sending me the same damn thing!!
Charlie

Charlie

"Cool Factor X"

See what's free at AOL.com.