Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Opinions requested: bigger motor

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Opinions requested: bigger motor

In a message dated 4/16/2007 6:26:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, GrublinX@xxxxxxx writes:
I am thinking about picking up another motor for the Gremlin to replace the 304. I'll make a winter project out of it. This is strictly a cruiser/street car -- no tracks for me. What size engine can I do up nice that will plop right into my Gremmie (no 6.6, please).
A separate question, I can pick up another 304 dirt cheap. What kind of horse power can I get out of a 304 if I tear it down and do it up right?
Your 304 is limited as far as getting any real  'balls' out of it.and the work you'd have to do to it you may as well build a 360.and all 290,343,390,304,360 and 401 engines are the same shape exterior  wise.I'd build a mild 360 if I were you.a nice 9 to one comp motor with a mid range cam with just enough 'lope' to give folks a shit eating grin :)
Bart

See what's free at AOL.com.

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair