Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Space saver spare inflation cannisters

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Space saver spare inflation cannisters

Gary
I beleive that they were filled with air and were a
one shot deal.  I used my in my 72 Gremlin back in
1973 when I had a flat and had to buy another can, I
also was never able to get the spare back to it's
orginal size.
If you would like to sell one of your empty cans, I
would be interested in buying one.
It also sounds like you are using your space saver
spare as your your only spare tire.  For what they are
worth, I would use it only for show!!  They're not
making them anymore and becoming hard to find.
Ed

--- gremlin_corvette_guy
<gremlin_corvette_guy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey guys, I have always been curious about AMC space
> saver spare
> cannisters. I have 4 and when I shake them they all
> seem dead empty
> but I still faithfully keep them in the back of all
> of my Gremlins.
> Questions up for answering:
> 1). Originally what was in these things? Compressed
> air? I was always
> under the impression they were "one use" items and
> then done.
> 2). Anyone ever use one to inflate a space saver?
> 3). Anyone know of any way to refill the cannisters
> without blowing
> you or the cannister up? If so with what and under
> what psi?
> 4). Anyone have a substitute they know works in case
> I ever need to
> inflate the space saver spare (other than maybe
> fix-a-flat)?
>    Any and all comments on the topic are welcome.
>     Of course, Eddie I'd love to have your "learned"
> comments as
> always.
>      Thanks,     Gary

<*> Your email settings: