Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Door Hinge Pins-Gremlin

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Door Hinge Pins-Gremlin

Bob,

I would strongly recommend that you give them a call.  In my dealings with
them they were much more responsive to phone calls than email.

Todd

On Sunday 08 April 2007 13:17, Robert wrote:
> Just an FYI. I bought hinge pins, #3615486 from American Performance
> Products. They DO NOT FIT. The splined part of the pin is too much/too
> long and unless you grind off most of the spline, it won't press into
> the hinge and it interferes with the other half of the hinge/bushing. I
> emailed APP about this problem over 5 weeks ago and heard nothing from
> them so I will never buy from them again. I ordered another set right
> from the Jeep dealer and it was a perfect fit, (same part number). The
> O.D. of the bushings (3698103)from APP are slightly larger so you have
> to drill out the holes on your hinges to about 27/64" for the bushings
> to fit into the hinges. That part is OK since most holes are worn
> oblong anyway from the bushings being shot. Bob in MN.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)