Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: New intake and carb

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: New intake and carb

Why not?  I've always used the stock valley pan gasket (Felpro MS96011) and
never had a problem with it.  Don't use the rubber ends.  (They're made for a
cast iron intake.)  Use RTV for the ends.  This should be covered in the
instructions with the intake.

You may have trouble with the throttle cable hitting the carb.  Edelbrock
makes an adapter for this (8034).  It move the throttle cable forward and a
bit to the left so it lines up with the carb.

On my son's 360 we had problems with the carb overheating.  You may want to
put a spacer between the carb and the intake.  Personally I like the wood
spacers, like an Ebelbrock 8725.

Did you buy the intake new?  I'm curious if it came with a stud for attaching
the kickdown linkage to the transmission.  This is listed in the installation
instructions, but when I tried to buy a replacement from Edelbrock they
claimed they didn't supply them.

Todd

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 17:58, Robert wrote:
> Dave, the first thing that comes to mind is DON'T use the stock
> tin/metal intake gasket. I don't have the info right handy as to the
> gaskets I use, but I'm sure someone else will pipe in real soon with a
> gasket recomendation and parts number. Bob in MN.
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dkaunisto" <dave@...> wrote:
> > I'm finally putting on an Edelbrock Performer Intake and 4 barrel
> > Edelbrock 1406 carb.  Anybody do these transplants before and any
> > tricks I need to be aware of?  Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Dave
> > 72 Gremlin X 304

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

<*> Your email settings: