[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC gettogethers (was: ATENTION GREMLIN FANS)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC gettogethers (was: ATENTION GREMLIN FANS)

Hey I've lost 45 pounds on this end since being diagnosed with diabetes 2 years ago. I can actually see what I am aiming at like flies when in front of urinal again. Amazingly my right leg also feels better, thought for awhile I would have to hook up a Gabriel air shock to that leg it was giving me problems carrying too much weight.

How about making above a aMC related event? Bart is in Florida, and see if First Coast AMC guys will be putting on their AMC Regional this year, and plan it around that. That is a AMO sanctioned car show and swap, so a race event could be planned around that and then even mroe people attend, vend, and bring out their rides. Something to think about.

I get the First Coast AMC newsletter still (!!!) and they have several events planned in their newsletter:

December 10th is the Mopars In The Park in Venice Florida, and was heavily attended by SouthWest AMC Club and First Coast AMC! It will be in Woodmere Park off I-75; Venice is just south of Sarasota.

Coming up real quick is Spring Daytona Show & Swap March 23-25.

And the big one will be the AMC SouthEast Regional in Atlanta October 6th.

For more information about the meets above, click here:

http://firstcoastamc.amcrc.com/

or hear for the Regional:

http://www.classicone.com/amo/

Again......don't just buy tickets and come down there, it would be best to plan it around a EXISTING meet! More cars, more swap, more people!

Sort of like the NAMDRA national meet, seems every time I have went up to that a number of AMCers get together in various hotel parking lots and bench race. "I'll kick your ass!!" is often heard after a case of Old Style (that is is they are not stuck in the skid o cans for drinking Old Style) or Schlitz or Stroh's. But amazing how many people have FOUR SECOND GREMLINS that they talk about after a few pops. Like the sasquatch or yeti...everyone that night seesm to have a four second Gremlin that turns 1/4s at 310mph, but uh, everyone forgot to bring them for the NAMDRA races the next day. Damn! Have another warm Ligenkugel and greasy brat my friend, it's only 3:00am and we can start detailing our cars for the AMO show in two hours you know, gates open at 8:00AM to the showfield.

You can sweat the booze off detailing the car in the humidity you know. Just don't vomit on it, or especially the interior, as judges don't like the smell, and no amount of dollar store pine air fresheners will mask it either; the swarm of black flies looking for a regurgitated meal above your AMC gives it away, looks like Moses' Plague of Locusts crossed with Chernobyl! That is a wrap.

Ya'll see if maybe some of the meets below can line up something with a area/regional track in conjunction with one of the meets. Your best bet would be the Regional in Atlanta in my humble opinion, as the guys at WSC are motorheads anyhows.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx