Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Caltracs Update 2

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Caltracs Update 2

Bob,
 Keep it fowing great info. What kind of clamps do you have for teh leafs?
 Davis

Robert <baddassgremlin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, I'll be clamping the leafs, but have not decided on the clamps
yet as I have two different sets of clamps. The shocks are just Napa
gas heavy duty shocks for now. The Gremlin is a 73 that came stock
with the V-8 Auto. air cond. P.S. I'll post pics as soon as I get
home at 3:30. I'll also post the part number of the Rancho add aleaf
that I put in which I thought was a perfect fit. ***One more note
about the installation is that when you mount the forward end of the
spring back into the frame mount, you need to put a fender washer in
between the spring (inboard side) and the frame monut so as to take
up excess side to side movement and to make sure that the Caltrac
slapper device does not move to the indoard side and scrape on the
frame. I'll try take a pic of that close tolerence also. Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@...> wrote:

> Bob,
> Will you be clamping the leafs ? What year is your gremlin? Did
you get the shocks from Caltrac as well? Are there pics?
> Thanks,
> Davis
>
> Robert <baddassgremlin@...> wrote:
> I used the stock spring set but I added one more leaf for
a total of
> 5 leafs because the car did sit low in the back.
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, Olly <mrmopar00@> wrote:
> >
> > Bob,
> >
> > Did you use the Mono-Leaf spring as well or stay with stock leaf
> springs?
> >
> > Olly

I'll
> > call them tomorrow and let them know that the plates/mounts are
> good to
> > go, so they said they would give it a part number and add it to
> their
> > application list. The cost delivered to my door was $357, but I
am
> > really impressed with the design. Can't wait to hit the
> strip/street
> > and see how the work! Bob in MN.

> > It's here! Your new message!
> > Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.
> > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair