From: martin-davis@sbcglobal.net
To: BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 6:26 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Grill Colors

Terry,
 If you go to the Year Models link at the top of the gremlinx.com sight, it lists each year 70-78 and there is a factory brosure picture of each one. Every one shows the X mode, and from 72 to 76 you can clearly see that the grille is body color. The X package wasn't available till 72. I don't really know much about the 77-78 models. I have concentrated on 70-76 for the last 20 years. It is always best to look at factory info when looking for this sort of info and not readers rides or cars at shows.

 Davis

twa1950@yahoo.com wrote:
OK I have a dumb question. I looked at the site you gave me and if you read the differences between the X and the plain Gremlin it says the Grill was color coordinated. Question were the grills suppose to be the same color as the car or did they have silver on the cross members. I looked at all the pictures of the cars and granted there are quite a few that aren't X's on there but either I am color blind or I just don't see them being the same color as the car. Even the guy's who runs the site has a silver grill in his car. Not that it really matters but I must be missing something.
Terry

Davis Martin <martin-davis@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Thank you Sir

Robert <baddassgremlin@aol.com> wrote:
Ok, I dug through my stuff and found my original 1973 sales brochure.
In print it states the color coordinated grill came with the "X"
package. After reading everything on standard and optional equipment
that came with the 1973 Gremlin, it never mentions anything about
the "silver" grill. So, Davis, I would say that you are correct in your
comment about the dealers putting the cheaper "silver" grill on cars
that might have had the original grill broken before they were sold.
Thanks, Bob in MN.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
to find your fit.

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair