Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Rear end

In a message dated 2/26/2007 2:58:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, cindylee_me2000@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I am trying to help my son. He has a 1975 Gremlin and the rearend
needs help. Can the whole rearend be replaced? If so what will fit?
Or can he rebuild it, and where can he find the parts? He is also
having problems with the alternator overcharging the battery, any and
all advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks to all.
If he wants to stay stock, I just replaced mine with lower ratio gears and I'm willing to sell the originals. I have a 1975 with an AMC 20 rear. They had 40k miles on them, never beat. I'll sell them cheap. Setting up the gears requires some finessing and I would not recommend going it alone if he has no prior experience. Some of the other guys on here are pros at it. They can give you the particulars.
did you measure the voltage going into the battery? Sounds like you may have a bad regulator.

Charlie
"Cool Factor X"

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com. __._,_.___

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair