[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Pacer Info

-Thanks Lu for the input. I will try those sites you mentioned. Do
you remember if you had any trouble with the rack and pinion steering
system? Seems like I have heard that they are troublesome???
Thanks, Bob in MN.

-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina333@...>
wrote:

> Bob, Wise choice! (LOL). Most folks on here know that my first
resto
> was a 1975 Pacer. I personally love the earlier coupe models with
the
> flat hood (the 77-79 were ugly). Try amcpacer.com or rust-free-
> parts.com for available Pacers. Watch out for broken interior door
> handles (that replacement piece is expensive). Sagging doors can be
> repaired with replacement pins & bushings. The A/C is usually an
item
> that you will have to completely retrofit. The motor mounts are
another
> problem area in these cars and often expensive to replace (but are
> available). Also, if the rear side windows are cracked you will
have to
> find those replacements in a junkyard as far as I know. Make sure
your
> interior plastic pieces are useable or start looking on eBay, etc.
> always loved the way my Pacer handled and floated along the road.
Good
> luck in your search. I hope you find a great little bubble soon!
~Lu~
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert" <baddassgremlin@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Ok everyone. I am looking into adding a Pacer to my AMC
collection.
> Who
> > has info/input as to pros and cons of the Pacer? What years are
> better
> > than others? Also if anyone knows of a rust free Pacer for sale,
I'd
> be
> > interested in getting contact info on it. I'm heading down to
Arizona
> > to Look at one this weekend (leaving Thursday), so if you have
any
> > connections for me in Arizona, give me a call @ 763-772-9625. I
am
> > looking for a Pacer in the price range up to about $5000. Thanks
> > everyone, Bob in MN.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: