Re: [BaadAssGremlins] one more worth noting

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] one more worth noting

I understand now Eddie. Davis straighten me out. I was thinking some one changed the color after he died. I would think for a car to have added value as a celebrity car it would have to be the same as it was when the celebrity owned it no matter what they did to the car. Since Gus had it changed from blue to red then that is what it should stay. Sometimes it takes awhile for this old head to understand things.
Terry

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Terry, yes and no. You will find thousands of altered cars, regardless of make, changed by dealership, owner, whoever thru the years. A case could be made for leaving something stock, however, a case could also be made for changing something, whether into a racecar, custom job, or just owner changes such as aftermarket equipment available in that era. There are a slew of 'stock' Vettes out there adn thenthere are a slew of 'non stock' Vettes out there. Here is a more modern take on a car. The Hennessy cars are rather famous and built about 10 miles from me. So you buy a new Jeep and give it to them to accomplish this:
2007 Jeep SRT600 Turbo - 620 HP Goes 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
& 11.9 seconds @ 116 mph in the 1/4 mile!

Or the Vipers they build the engines for. 850+ horsepower. Or this:
http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/ListItems.php?cart=kQwEYJUm&DoThis=Dodge+Viper&ActionReq=Where
again, non stock to a new car some deem instant collectible, on par on superior to the Vettes.

Again, nothing more than someone's personal choice. Then.......and Now........
On the Grissom Vette, it would be interesting to learn why Gus (who died in the flash fire in the Apollo capsue on the pod with 2 other of our astronauts) wanted it red/red. My guess is he was a flyboy at heart, and most flyboys like.........red!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@planethoustonamx.com