Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Motorola Versus Delco Alternators

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Motorola Versus Delco Alternators

In a message dated 11/27/2006 6:56:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I believe 75 was the transition year changing from Motorola's to
Delco's. Some cars still had the Motorola and some had the new Delco. I
can't say I have ever looked under the hood of a Pacer but one time many
years ago. The problem with putting a Delco in place of the Motorola on
a 6 cyl with power steering was steering box clearance in pre 75
Hornet's and Gremlin's. Pacers have rack & pinion steering. On the post
75 Hornet's and Gremlin's with a Delco the position of the accessories
was changed to put the alternator on the pass side and the power
steering pump near the steering box.
"Doc"
Thanks Doc. It is indeed a Delco under the Pacer hood. Good deal, I guess!

Charlie "Cool Factor X"