Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: nos gremlin grille

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: nos gremlin grille

Joe I agree. I bid cause I need an item and some times it ain't cheap. I once bid 150.00 on a set of AMC mud flaps cause I missed some before and I was not going to be near the computer when they sold, and I wanted them! I got em for 45.00
 Davis

jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-EDDIE..MAYBE someone just NEEDS the Gremlin parts and has NO
Gremlins anywhere near them in salvage yards to get parts from?? Yep
Eddie. I've bought some Gremlin parts on ebay in the last few years.
I've bought various AMC/AMX/Ambassador/Gremlin parts from you before
also.The one 1/4 panel on ebay i DID buy .....YES..it was late night
beer induced(YOU GOT OUTBID AGAIN)bidding!! My car is virtually rust
free...except one 1/4 panel. I've collected some spare parts for
it....BECAUSE I NEVER INTEND TO SELL IT...I LOVE IT , AND WILL KEEP
IT UNTILL I DIE!! Now...i've seen guys at the NAMDRA AMC Nationals
buy up ALL of the available 401 engine parts and then say...."gee now
i have a DOZEN 401's"!! Those are the horders or money makers when
they resell. More $$$ than brains, or whatever. One dude bought THREE
401's a couple years ago at NAMDRA. Didn't even get his hands dirty.
Rich looking dude...had them all loaded for him into a BIG fancy
trailer !! My problem at times is......NO parts around here sooo
ebay is it!! Now i let people know when i find AMC's / AMC parts
around here ....just to help out! Usually ...the ones i find are NOT
ones i need...just my usual luck!! BUT if i can help out a fellow
ANC'er..why not. NOW to the guy that said...bid high to make him
pay...THAT'S just childish bullshit man!! Joe-- In
BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@...>
wrote:

> I think futura289 is Joe Gray here on this site. Not sure. Hell, we
have bid against each other a few times. Sometimes I see something
that will finish off a car and I get stupid myself on evilbay,
knowing full well all I would have to do is
simply.....pick....up....phone....and call many of the people I have
dealt with the past decades on my vendors list to see if one of them
have it, and well, usually non fee-bait prices.

> Good and bad on ebay. Good is that everyone must remember there are
AMCers in far flung places that can't find anything for their AMC
Anything. So ebay is a big mall basically. Ok, garage sale. On the
other hand you also see stuff you passed on at that AMC national or
regional for $100 sail to hundreds of dollars more on fee bay. You
have people seling things on ebay that have reproduced only one or
two items, this is their way to sell. You have hundreds of people who
are not members of any AMC online place, nor member of any national,
local, regional AMC organization like chapter or club. So their only
ties to find anything they need is believe it or not, off ebay, so
they usually pay premium prices for not getting involved by paying
dues or, well, joining something like this House of Bart. And then
you have auctions themselves. How many of you have ever gotten a hard
pee pee (ok, Lu & a few other quit reading now) but how many of you
have ever been involved in a live auction? I have and used to go to
20-30 auctions PER MONTH, sometimes 2-3 a DAY here in Houston in late
80s/early 90s at police, storage and salvage auctions. I would pick
up whole cars for $20-$100 each. That is right, 73 P1 black 401 AMX,
Pierre cardin, bought it for $450 for instance. My site is littered
with these cars I picked up. Anyhows, you get 'caught up' in the
auction process and tend to sometimes get stupid. And it don't help
when ebay sends you quick YOU HAVE BEEN OUTBID! notice by email or
text, so you go bid again. So sometimes, whether at live auctions or
online auctions shit happens during the auction process.

> Ebay is good and bad. Sort of like a 59 Cadillac fins. You either
love it or hate it there is no in between. Hopefully whoever ends up
with say, this grill, is not a speculator wishing to 'cash in' on
Enron stock 4-5 years from now and is someone who generally knows
that the NOS parts have simply vanished in the last 10 years, and
this could be their last chance to get one for their personal car!
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> Email is currently HEAVY
> 5-12 day reply times, call if important

bought about 56,million dollars worth of Gremlin parts of evilbay.and
outbids even the most hardcore i.e Davis LOL
> Bart

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car