Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cam Question

In a message dated 10/31/2006 5:48:45 PM Eastern Standard Time, dave@xxxxxxxx writes:
Charlie, what have you done on it so far (because I am on the same path as
you, just a little behind)? Intake? Carb? Headers? Thanks.

Dave
72 Gremlin X 304
Hi Dave,
Everything thus far are bolt ons. I installed Hedman headers which necessitated a custom built dual exhaust so I added flowmaster mufflers while I was at it. The stock starter won't fit with the performance headers, so I had to get a high performance starter. I yanked the stock manifold and 2 bbl.carb and replaced them with an Edelbrock performer manifold and Edelbrock 4 bbl Performer carb with a K & N filter. All of this made a huge difference in the performance and sound.
It runs great and sounds damn "throaty" for a 304. I was also discontented with the 2:73 ( I think that's what they were) factory gears so I recently had a set of 3:54's installed. The gears helped tremendously.
I am the original owner of this car and it is in rust free mint condition so I am trying to avoid yanking the motor or going radical with it. I am very content staying in the "street class". At this point, I am looking for advise on any minor modifications that may boost the horses a bit more.
If I can help by answering more questions, let me know. Good luck!
Charlie

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car