[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Things are looking up...SORTA???? LONG...finally g

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Things are looking up...SORTA???? LONG...finally got out truck back...most of it

WELL Bart...that would have to be small claims/civil court. I just
consulted with a police officer today. The police will NOT even fill
out any papaer work or even a report for a civil court caes they
said! I DO have a receipt where i paid them...BUT nothing is
listed /priced/ itemized  seperatley...JUST a list of work that was
to be done, and a total $$. So..with NO itemized list..i'm out of
luck. I'd have to pay a lawyer,court costs...THEN if they were
ordered to pay me any $$$$ i'd be lucky to get it! IFFF you win a
small claims case...it's up to YOU to take the loser back to court if
they do NOT pay you. Then you pay Lawyer fees again..court costs
again....etc!! Whole process sucks!  Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jgray_55" <jgray_55@...> wrote:

> WEll.... if any of you remember....last spring (Feb)we took my
wife's
> 1957 F100 FORD stepside truck to a body shop. It was originally
owned
> by a AMC/RAMBLER dealership when new and used as a service
> truck..complete with push bumper.My brother-inlaw bought it at an
> auction in 1967-69 or so. It STILL has "SEE RAMBLER FOR 1961"
painted
> across the tailgate. Pretty rough, ROTTED due to her ex-hubby
letting
> it rot in the yard for around 20 years. Illinois weather will eat
> anything thats NOT stainless steel!ANYWAYYYYY the shop (ran by guys
> my son knew)worked on it for a couple of  months..off/on...mostly
> OFF, then stopped completely for no apparent reason.In early JULY
> (11th to be exact)i asked them "how much will it take$$$$ to finish
> it up"? We had originally a deal...swapping parts , a car AND $$$
> do the truck.So far up to then all panel fabricating...etc  was
done
> very NICE!! Sooooo like a trusting DUMMIEEEEE i PAID the remainder
IN
> FULL.Hoping they would finish it up. My wife had been wanting it
> restored since her ex parked it!! Somewhere around  1975-77. The
shop
> NEVER touched it again. Every week..."it will be done next week for
> sure"! Finally would NOT return calls, answer the door...WEIRD.I
went
> to the shop last Saturday, it was rolled outside in the fenced in
> lot.Had not been touched for weeks again! NO answer to knocking
(they
> were inside the shop). I hooked a tow strap to it,opened their gate
> and dragged it out! THEN i beat the hell out of the door tryting to
> get the rest of the missing parts. NO answer except for laughing on
> the inside...! So i took a PIPE to the door, hand was VERY sore by
> then. I then  called the police. As soon as the police
> arrived..MAGICALLY..the shop door opened and parts started  coming
> out of the woodwork! NOW...it is home in MY garage. NOT
finished..BUT
> atleast i have MOST of it back. They had even removed the vin
> tag...BUT i found it and brought it home. MY luck is NOT too good
at
> times. Found out they screwed a guy on a JEEP truck paint job( pd
for
> but not finished) recently also. I'm just happy we got it back.
> NOW...i have to see what all parts are missing....... Atleast they
> DID paint the "SEE RAMBLER FOR 1961" on the new tailgate before
> dropping off the job. Kept the original sign painted tailgate as it
> was...to hang in my shop.My son feels very bad....he recommended
> these guys to me.They paint,sand,bondo...etc  with NO masks
> on...maybe tooo many brain cells fried?? Soon as i get the body
shop
> dirt off it,get it to run..i'll take photos and send em in. My son
> sprayed the flames on it right before they quit working on it. Wish
> me luck,Joe

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: