Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: ebay seller dolz4 anyone know him?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: ebay seller dolz4 anyone know him?

Dolz4 is Gordy Chilson. And I want to comment on something here also. While
I have never met Gordy personally, I do want to make a comparison that is on
my website under "amc variations". that talks about this.

AMC used a whole variety of suppliers for their stuff thru the years. You
will find parts on your "original" AMC made in Japan, Mexico, Canada to name
three major suppliers.  Ever look at the stampings of many of your parts
from behind whether NOS or used in your car, many say Canada. Pull out many
of the radios, and the are Mitsubishi, RCA, Motorola to name a few
suppliers.

Gordy is a former longtime AMC dealer. While not endorsing or inditing
placing something NOS like a bag behind a item, many people do it, inclduing
myself. However I won't use the word NOS in the auction, unless it is a old
NOS item, preferring to use the word new. If it is faithfully reproduced to
exact specs, it is new. Sometimes NOS is used to make the molds, and could
give you dozens of examples, at least from my end here!

But you will find what I call "filler" that is "background" in all sorts of
auctions on ebay, whether shoes, comics, antique furniture, coins, you name
it, people will put 'filler' back ground behind it in a effort to sell it.

Again however, you will find some of this on my site...put there in the
early 90s from old mid 1980s file about Mint, Rare, NOS (have a whole file
dedicated to that word) and other words you see people describe AMC shit on
ebay....and in print ads like Hemmings, Cars & Parts, even national AMC rags
like AMO, NAMDRA & AMCRC.

So in a nutshell, your "new" exhaust manifold donuts were probably made in
Pakistan or South Africa. They are new, not NOS, but NOs might have been
used as mold or template to make them. It is same thing AMC did when the
cars were new and why they ended up Heinz 57 cars with items on them from
all over the world. And yes, you see a lot of misrepresenting items on ebay,
the scuff plates and mirrors are my two personal banes. The scuff plates are
a authentic Mopar licensed part, so new, but not NOS as they are not etched.
But the mirrors, people commonly put 'AMX & Javelin' in the subject line
knowing full well (or acting like they don't know better) that it is for
Mat/Reb/Amb or Pac or Gre/Hor/Con Series. But they also know more people
wills earch for 'AMX & Javelin' and the price will be a whole lot higher if
it sells also. Want example: just searhc for 'amc mirror' on ebay. Here, try
170041325284 and look first at the subject, then look at the mirror. This is
for only 67-69 Rebel/ambassador with the short cable, it will not work on a
68-69 AMX or Javelin, you will nOT be able to roll window up! You CAN make
it fit however, by taping or wiring the cable inside door and making it a
'non remote'.

This is Dolz4's auctions:
http://stores.ebay.com/Baby-Boomer-Collectibles-Antiques
I didn't know he had a store! Anyhows, really blurry line between
NOS/new/repro especially on ebay. My advise is simple.....each auction has a
"ask seller a question" button, use it frequently if you have any concerns.
I know I do.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825