Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 73 AMC Hornet Carb question?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 73 AMC Hornet Carb question?

Nothing Doc. I just was saying that I don't remember AMC bragging too much how many MPG you got out of the Gremlin. I do remember them bragging about the size of the tank and how far you could go on a tank full. During the so called gas shortages of the 70's this was as important as your mpg. Actually 20-22 mpg wasn't bad in the 70's. There was a lot of cars sucking down 10 and 12.
Terry
AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Terry what does the size of the gas tank have to do with what gas
mileage you get? My yellow Hornet gets 27 mpg but that is with a
flexilite fan, modified ignition and a 1 bbl Holley Economaster carb and
a B&M trans pack. The old E-60-14 bias ply tires probably took away some
mileage as well as my lead foot. All these mods were done in the mid to
late 70's when this was my only car. It now has radials. The orange car
with radials and a stock Carter 1 bbl and a free flow air filter and
ignition mods gets around 20 mpg. The Hornet Hatchbacks I would imagine
are more aerodynamic than a Gremlin but a couple of hundred pounds
heavier too.
"Doc"

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less. __._,_.___

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car