Re: [BaadAssGremlins] stereo installation

Terry - Thanks so much for getting back with me - I plan to do a floor mount because i don't want to cut into or drill into the dash. Tony

From: <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] stereo installation
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:02:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tony, I tried to check the radio out and just by looking at it I don't think you will have a problem. If you got the manual with it check and see how many amps. it draws. If it draws less than 5 amps no problem but if it is much more I would do like Rick said and hook it up direct. Most of the radios are not a problem it is when you start hooking up the amplifiers to them that gets you into trouble. If your thinking about hooking one of them up I am like Rick I don't think the alternator is going to handle it. Another thing you might want to think about is where you are going to install it. Just remember before you start cutting out that dash to make that new radio fit that you are cutting on a very rare and valuable piece of plastic. Once you cut it out it won't be worth anything. Just a thought
Terry

Plumpy72@AOL.COM wrote:
Tony,

I'd worry more about the alternator. Are you sure it pumps out enough amps for the stereo. I'm no genius when it comes to anything electrical and I have no idea how much amperage the stereo will draw, but I would run a separate source directly from the battery. Don't even try to go through the fuse box.

  Rick

><< image5.jpg >>

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more?then map the best route! __._,_.___

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car