Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Back in the amc way

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Back in the amc way

I went thru that 2 years ago. I got everything except the rubber bushings off ebay for 300.00 I got my new springs from ESPO for about 90.00 shipped. Rear springs were 160.00 shipped.
 Good luck ,
 Davis

djdaveinpa <djdave@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Personal notes:
Kennedy sent front wheel cylender rebuild kits, but bad news, one of
the kits is wrong. Not even close. The news gets worse, I ordered 2
thru the glass gaskets for the reaar glass, they sent 2 small snippets
of hose. Not even close. And both wheel cyl. up front are NOT
REBUILDABLE. The pits are too deep and the alum. pistons are too
degraded. I will need to buy 2 new wheel cyl. OR refigure the whole
front brakes.
Ordered the front coil spring bottom plate bushings, and I am waiting
on my new coil spring compressor.
I did manage to get the old non-tilt damaged steering column out,
replacement arrived, with new keyswitch/keys and with tilt. Looks like
the wiring is a lil different but nothing a lil time and a meter cant
figure out. It wont be going in until its painted and detailed.
As for the front end, looked up all the moog/trw part nos. for the
rest of the front end, and online seems to be cheaper than local. I'm
guessing it will be about 400 or less for ALL of the front end parts,
including all rubber items. Thats all 4 balljoints, all tie rod ends,
idler, pittman arm, end links, sway to frame bushings, upper and lower
control arm bushings, shocks, strut rod bushings, etc..

now.. gotta find some $$

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car