Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC 20 Gears???????????

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC 20 Gears???????????

I am gonna guess you have the wrong Carrier in your amc model 20 rear. There are 2 different carriers, one for hi gears and one for low gears. If you had 2:73's in your rear then the 3:54's wouldn't fit that carrier.
 Davis

GrublinX@xxxxxxx wrote:
Greetings to all!
Someone in the group had pointed out 3:54 AMC-20 gears for sale on feeBay - I bid on them and won. I took them to have them installed only to find out that they do not fit. I figure one of two things happened.
1. Not all AMC 20's are created equal, different models have different gears.
2. The gears I bought are not for an AMC -20

The link to the item is below.  I had already established with Eddie's help that I have an AMC 20 in my Gremlin.
I've written to the seller and I am awaiting a response. Any help from the group would be appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=120017758300&sspagename=STRK%3AMEAFB%3AIT

Charlie "Cool Factor X"

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car