[BaadAssGremlins] sc/360 comes to life

We don't get too many days like today here in Houston, low humidity, and
pleasant in the low 80s, so time to clean out the garage and fired up the 71
SC/360. Damned that thing sounds good. So starting lining up lots of parts I
have inside, the inside, with exception of dash, is gutted, and has boxes of
NOS stuff have been collecting at national meets and ebay since mid 90s. So
looks like I will begin to start work on the interior, in earnest and time
permitting this winter. Have neat things like crash pad, gauge overlay,
gauges and tachometer all going in. Sadly the gauge overlay I bought from
longtime AMC vendor Leeland Fanning in Kenosha, who passed away a few years
ago. What a nice guy. If you ever had the chance to visit his house (he
would have monster AMC garage sales to conside with the nationals) he would
always seem to remember what you looking for and put it aside. With me he
woule put aside original AMC signs, Hornet/SC/360 and 68 Rebel parts. This
particular overlay is blue and came from him. Hope his family is doing well.

Anyhows, the SC/360 cranked right up and kids held their ears. It has
Hedmans and dumps on it, so really loud. Idled great and electric fuel pump
sounded like a woodpecker (Noah's words!)  tap tap tapping away. Only
problem was had to put a dash of air in rear shocks as those are 27560r15s
on the rear, so lts of meat, and don't want them scraping my flairs. Hope to
tomorrow be able to tear into the interior more, have everything labelled
for easy to find, and have to watch the kids and keep them out of the car.
The little one, Jacob, pulled the needle off the tachometer a year ago
dammit as the overlay don't have the plastic covers on them. Not sure I can
ever fix the tach with no needle but will see if Instrument Services can fix
it even thuogh I have a NOS one that will be installed. See you,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx