RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlins and grills

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlins and grills

Okay, heres an issue. if I put these things on
ebay...won't Diamler get upset? I mean the die cast
manufacturers had to ask permission to use the Gremlin
for their scaled diecasts. The grills are essentially
cast from the original grill...so wouldn't Diamler
still own that design? My dad of course added some
reinforcement in the thin places and thickened up the
problem spots that usually break, so it isn't exact.
It looks exactly the same from the outside though.

If My dad and I do decide to sell grills we may only
sell by word of mouth to people who really need them.
I do not want trouble from Diamler. For me, I'm
basically going to use the fiberglass grill because
mine are shot and I have no way of affording NOS ones.
They would not be good for show cars but for people
who drive their cars regularly and want the original
look, why not?

Kevin

--- John W Rosa <JohnRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would recommend the first few be put on eBay to
> see how far bidding
> goes. I�d say average the price of the first 3
> sold,, then fix the price
> at the average (maybe cutting a big discount to
> folks you already know
> (like this group, of course). I�m sure throwing
the
> first one out there
> at $600 would scare the poop out of most of this
> list�s Gremmie
> owners�tho a �correct� repop would certainly
fetch
> that amount from
> serious collector types. If it�s just going to
look
> �very good� from
> outside and rough when you pop the hood, getting
> $200 will be tough,
> which is why I�d suggest letting eBay set the
price.

"mailto:BaadAssGremlins%40yahoogroups.com"BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx