[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Vertical Bumper guards: Gremmies/Hornets

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Vertical Bumper guards: Gremmies/Hornets

Thanks for all the info.  So I guesss the next question is, anybody
know if the front and rear vertical bumper guards are
interchangeable on the '77?
Warren

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> Yup there was some goofiness in there. I usually just point people
to the
> AMC color catalog covers or 1973
> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/73_NOS_CC.jpg
> 1974
> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/74_NOS_CC.JPG
> and 1975
> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/75nosccwpacer.jpg
>  for instance. There was a nice red 73 Hornet four door on ebay a
few weeks
> ago and all these people were emailing him telling him it was not
a 73
> 'because of the bumpers' so had to clear that up although I am not
a Hornet
> expert!
>
> The front bumper you had on your 73 was the beginning of what the
books call
> WESC (if I recall from memory!) those are those slow impact
cylinders shown
> in the photo I just sent. I do not know however if the design of
the bumper
> itself changed from 73 to 74, only going by what is in the AMC
catalogs.
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> Email is currently HEAVY
> 5-12 day reply times, call if important
Gremmies/Hornets

> > Eddie,
> >
> > 70-72 and 74-77 for sure, but 73s had some goofiness in there.
> > My 73 had a front bumper different from any 72 or 74.
> >
> > But if 73 isn't in this specific equation, then my point is
> > moot. :)
> >
> > John W Rosa
> > www.JavelinAMX.com

Stakes
> > Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 2:15 PM
> > To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Vertical Bumper guards:
Gremmies/Hornets

> > Same from 70-72, however the bumper design changed for Hornet in
73,
> > which
> > stayed same from 73, 74, 75, 76, 77.
> > Eddie Stakes'
> > Planet Houston AMX
> > 713.464.8825
> > eddiestakes@...
> > www.planethoustonamx.com
> > Email is currently HEAVY
> > 5-12 day reply times, call if important

Gremmies/Hornets

> >> I am looking for a pair of vertical bumper guards for my 77
Hornet.
> >> AMC part number is 50416. There is a pair for sale on fee-bay
that
> >> lists as part number 899 2581 (?) for 70-71 Gremmies and
Hornets,
> >> front or rear. Anyone know if the 70-71 vertical guards will
fit a 77
> >> bumper OR have a pair available?  Kennedy lists a  rear bumper
> >> vertical guard, but lists the part number as  3678524.  the
50416 part
> >> number came directly out of the '77 AMC tech svc. manual.
Anyone that
> >> can clarify this discrepancy in part numbers, help!
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Warren Vallerand
> >
> > --
> > 10/3/2006