[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Vertical Bumper guards: Gremmies/Hornets

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Vertical Bumper guards: Gremmies/Hornets

I think I will be changing my front bumper from the corner nerfs to
the vertical guard type. I don't like look of the corner thingies on
the Gremlin. Or - maybe I will add the rubber guards? Hmmm ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John W Rosa" <JohnRosa@...>
wrote:

> "Front Bumper Corner Rubber Nerfing Strips" were standard equipment
(not
> an option) on 1976-1977 Hornets and 1976 Gremlins. Naturally, it's
> possible a few later 1975 models got them, too.
>
> John W Rosa
> www.JavelinAMX.com

Gremmies/Hornets

> Speaking of bumper configurations, when and on what models did AMC
> use the bumpers with the black rubber guards on the lower outside
> corners vs. the vertical guards? My '76 came with the corner guards
> on the front but I don't think it was stock for that car? ~Lu~
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John W Rosa" <JohnRosa@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Definitely will NOT fit...bumpers are totally different design.
> >
> > John

Gremmies/Hornets

> > I am looking for a pair of vertical bumper guards for my 77
> Hornet.
> > AMC part number is 50416. There is a pair for sale on fee-bay
that
> > lists as part number 899 2581 (?) for 70-71 Gremmies and Hornets,
> > front or rear. Anyone know if the 70-71 vertical guards will fit
> 77
> > bumper OR have a pair available?  Kennedy lists a  rear bumper
> > vertical guard, but lists the part number as  3678524.  the 50416
> part
> > number came directly out of the '77 AMC tech svc. manual.  Anyone
> that
> > can clarify this discrepancy in part numbers, help!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Warren Vallerand
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> > --