RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Myth Busters fire at a Gremlin with a Bazooka

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Myth Busters fire at a Gremlin with a Bazooka

Eddie,

Actually the first Gremmies *DID* have the same fuel neck issue as the Pinto (breaks off easily,

stabs into fuel tank causing rupture and sparks). Unlike Ford, AMC did not deny it and recalled

all the car fast and fixed them. Ford took the ‘deny everything’ route and suffered greatly for it

in public opinion while AMC’s version was promptly forgotten. This is detailed in one of Nader’s

books.

Judging by the photos of the MB Gremlin, it appears they are firing through the car…maybe a

movie myth?

John