[BaadAssGremlins] [AMC-List] AMC drivers

[BaadAssGremlins] [AMC-List] AMC drivers

At a Goodyear tire store off Dairy Ashford here in Houston is a sign that
says "they don't build cars like that anymore, thank God!"

I happened to be in my 72 Ambassador sST picking up wife Paige from the
First Tee where she had been playing cards, watching the Texans get beat
like a drum by Colts. Since the Goodyear was closed, and will be until
8:00am monday morning, I decided to park, and play scrabble with  the sign,
both Noah & Jacob wondering what I'm spelling on the board.

This was a no brainer, as the other side of sign facing the subdivision had
specials like 'tire alignment' and 'shocks' and 'special' so in a mater of 3
or so minutes the sign ended up looking like this: "AMC BUILT CARS LIKE
THAT, THANK GOD!" and I just wished I had my darned camera with me to take a
photo of that. Would have made a great photo, especially with this thread.
I'm guessing the people who come into tomorrow and see the sign changed will
wonder what a AMC is. I'm also wondering what all that north/south traffic
on that major throughfare who sees it will be thinking. "Mom, what's a AMC?"

I have driven nothing BUT American Motors cars since got my license in 1976.
And still do, my current daily drivers are a 81 Eagle wagon, factory 4x4
4cylinder 4speed that while it lacks in power, the gas mileage it gets is
above 20mpg.
http://epage.com/js/mi/n0/1764174.html
Another daily driver is my white 82 Eagle custom wagon.
http://epage.com/js/mi/c0/1853682.html
And as mentioned above, after running chores down Westheimer, "the strip" in
Houston, earlier today in 'Bessie' the 72 Ambassador SST wagon
http://epage.com/js/mi/n0/1392356.html I don't really see what the big deal
is. There is millions of vehicles in Houston, Texas. There are only 220
'registered' street legal AMC vehicles registered in Harris county out of
billions.

Not a lot of daily driver anything AMC out there anymore. For what it is
worth, there were billions of Ford and Chevy products made in the 60s/70s
but few of them driven daily in 2006. As for creature comforts, I agree with
Frank, you can easily moderize any AMC product for daily driving and
comfort. A 1940s vehicle won't handle/drive like a 1950s, which won't handle
or drive like a 60s, and so on and so on. I rented a Ford Focus almost a
year ago and was impressed with it's agility, pickup for having a three
gerbil engine, and gas mileage. Woudl I buy one? No. I would lat Paige buy
one so I keep my streak going I guess at 326 AMCs.....

Happy American Motoring,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825