Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Grandmas_Grape

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Grandmas_Grape

Bill, i just sold a mint shape 70-73 set listed in my 'AMC part special'
file on front of my site. The shipping was about $100 from Houston to
Brockton, Mass. It would have been over $300 to ship into Canada however. My
suggestion on this would be to ship them to the US side of the border,
possibly a relative, friend or fellow AMCers place. Pierre Bochamp at AM
Racing on my Vendors list has a US address for just this purpose, you might
want to hook up with him and ship there there, then pick them up. Another
possibility is if you are going to theNAMDRA AMC Nationals starting tomorrow
in Cordoba, Il, outside Chicago, there is usually some good sheetmetal there
for sale also. Watch shipping large items like this, I use FedEx and the two
quotes I just got for a 68-70 AMX AC unit was a whopping $200+. This is what
I sent him back:
===================================
Hi Peter, well, good and bad....I have it all professionally boxed up, and
took it to FedEx to get rates.
International Priority is $245.00
Regular Priority is $227.00
However! I also got a rate to Michigan......and it is only $39.00. I don't
have a clue as to why the ridiculous rates, but only that is what I was
quoted.

My suggestion would be easy on this one. If you have any relatives, or AMC
friends just this side of the Canadian border I can ship it to, let me know,
then at a later date, you drive over and pick it up. Either way, just a
thought and please advise.
Same advise, I damn near crapped on myself on the shipping, and this is not
a really large box, so shipipng fenders someone would probably get
cornholed. Again, FedEx usually cheapest, I didn't try UPS, but still, $39
is a long way off from $245, even if a small drive and possibly small
customs fee!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825