Re: [BaadAssGremlins] CSR electric waterpump on a street/strip 401???

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] CSR electric waterpump on a street/strip 401???

Joe,

I have just recently installed a CSR water pump.  Talked to CSR tech prior and they say it is fine to run on the street.  I don't drive my car daily on the street.  I have not had an issue of any kind.  Just have to remember to turn it on.  My car runs alot cooler then it did with the stock pump.
Problems with the pump are: Stock Alt. Bracket needs to be modified.  CSR does not offer a bracket.

Shorter Alt. Pulley to Crank pulley belt needs to be shortened.
Bypass hose needs to be plugged on the thermostat housing.  Haven't found a replacement without the bypass tube.  Tap it and put a plug in.  That was what CSR said to do.

I have not raced with it yet but that will be happening really soon.  They are rebuildable for $60.00.  The pump flows 35-37 GPM.  Estimated time before failure is app. 5000 hours and have a 1 year warranty.

BTW Mezeire offers one for an AMC as well.

Which aluminum heads are you using?

Hopefully my info helped you out.

Olly

Joe <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK. Has anyone had experience with, or used a CSR
electric water pump on a street/strip V8?? It's the
complete assy NOT a belt driven stock-type pump. I
don't beleive that they have the provision for the
by-pass hose that goes from the Thermostat housing to
the water pump.?? What effect would that by-pass hose
fitting being plugged off have with a thermostat
installed in a street/strip engine?? My 401 has
aluminum heads(will have as soon as i assemble it)!!
Need info soon!! Thankyou to anyone with info!! Joe