[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Doc & Charlie

Congratulations Charlie on another win. hope it won't 'scare' off brand x
people from showing up if the Gremmie gets a rep! Quite a feat and I saved
this old email from when I was selling my 72 Matador 'Machine' on ebay last
year from a fellow in St. Louis:
"Noted your 72 Matador on ebay.  I ordered mine in 1972.  (The ram air hood
scoop was NOT an option.)  Mine is admiral blue.  Also heavily optioned,
with 3-spoke steering wheel, twin grip, AC, even cruise control.  All the HD
chassis stuff of course, and the handling package.  I had the rear gears
changed to 3:54 to 1.  Used to race this car showroom stock H/SA in 1972.
Ran best of 14.42 @ 100.8 mph.  I have let mine get into disrepair, needs
complete restoring.  Thought I might bid on yours, but I haven't got the
extra time right now for one project, let alone 2.  If for some reason you
don't sell the car, I would possibly be interested at a future date.  Yours
is the first time I have seen another one!!!!  By the way, when I used to
race at St. Louis, I OWNED the class.  Funny thing is that when your GTO,
Road Runner, Superbee, Torino Cobra, etc gets beat by a Rambler, you are too
ashamed to show up at the races for a rematch.  My car always won the class
in a field that started out with over 20 cars the first weekend I showed up.
The following weeks there were fewer and fewer cars that bothered to come to
race until after about 5 -6 weeks I was the ONLY one in that class.  She
sure was fun my 401."

Doc, good to hear you are ok, although you would have probably melted liek
the witch in Oz if you were here in Houston about now. So it decides to
rain, then sun comes out so imagine streets with steam coming off them, not
just one street, but the whole concrete metro Houston including 800 lane
I-10. I put a new carb on my 82 Eagle yesterday and was soaked in about 4
minutes. It's like you have to take a shower to dry off, but oppressive (and
how many times you see me use that big scrabble word) heat here, but for the
most part, temps have been almost, dare I say it, normal this summer! Still
don't make up for trying to do anything outside. As Mr T used to say:
"I PITY DA FOOL" and that is how you feel for those tarring roofs, building
freeways, reading meters, anything outside!

So Doc, hang in there, ya'lls 'winter' will come before ours down here, hope
it will help your health out somewhat when cooler temps prevail!

Oh, Doc, one more thing....I stopped at Target a hour or so ago and found a
Maxi Blue Hornet hatchback Johnny Lightning, so bought it!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx