[BaadAssGremlins] Another Project Update

[BaadAssGremlins] Another Project Update

For those of you who are keeping up with me (or trying to -
LOL)....here is the latest progress on my Gremlin project. The body
is still at the Tech. school. The pieces have all been repaired,
prepped, sanded, taped off, and primered. The interior floor pan was
sprayed with undercoating and they started to paint the interior
color. Unfortunately, the color that they selected was different from
what I had originally chosen, so now I have to find them a better
color to repaint these areas (interior door, back hatch panels,
steering column, etc.). The car seats were starting to get sewn
together with the new fabrics that I had selected but when I visited
the upholstery shop, I did not like the workmanship. One seat had 2
large wrinkles in it which I was told would 'work themselves out' and
the white strips where not the same width. To make a long story
short, I took the seats to another shop for the cover work. Luckily,
I had been smart enough to get swatches of the first choice fabrics
and was able to find the exact same materials for the new upholstery
shop to use. It turns out that for the same amount of money, I will
be getting a REAL professional job this time! I'm glad John was
willing to help me out with the unpleasant scene at the first shop,
and saved me money and heartache. Now if the heat index would be so
kind as to drop below 100 degrees, I will be able to work on removing
the components from the '74 without collapsing from heat stroke. ~Lu~