Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hornet 4speed carpeting

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hornet 4speed carpeting

Did you say snappers

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Doc, you are right and as a AMCer, we usually have to make stuff fit, tweak
and so forth. However, with carpet, there has been problems in the past. I
quit carrying carpet kits in the mid 1990's for 68-74 AMX and Javelin. It
had to do with quality, didn't matter whether loop cut or cut pile. The
100th AMC I owned in early 90s was a little 68 AMX, 343, AT. I am no
stranger to installing carpets and bought this set from a major vendor in
uh, the Sunshine State.

I had it almost completely in and realized it was short. About 1/2 inch. I
had to pull it all up, padding, glue, everything, rebox it, send it back,
and wait for refund in 4 months.

I ended up having it done locally. I would later find out that many carpet
kits sit on shelves for months, years, and are exposed to heat, cold,
humidity, everyting and you get what I sometimes call the NOS effect. You
see it happen with NOS stripes and decals, whereas they have been sitting
for decades, then once installed, and exposed to heat on a hot summer day at
a show, they expand and crack.

I could go on here about correct and incorrect parts, and reproduction items
that are better than NOS and reproduction items that I throw in the bayou
behind my house with the snappers!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825