Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Picked up my 401 short block from the machine shop

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Picked up my 401 short block from the machine shop

JOe,
 That's awsome.I can't wait to get to that stage with my build! As far as gasket match, why let the gasket manufacturer decide where your ports should be? I mocked up my engine with paper gaskets and my herman heads and the gaskets were way small. I had to open them up with an exacto. I will be matching the intake to the head ports  not to the small gasket
 Davis

jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
YIPPEE!! FINALLY the machine shop got my 401 block assy machine
work,balance,port match TWO intakes....etc done. It's been there since
early Feb.It was done inbtween a TON of SBC drag/circle track engines.
NOW...as soon as they get the bowl blending done...i'll pick up my INDY
heads. I had to have BOTH the RPM Air-Gap AND my old Torker welded and
port matched. Neither matched up very well with intake gaskets. Never
thought to check port match on intakes before i started this $$$ 401
project.Amazing how far off the air-gap actually was!!!!Edelbrock
REALLY needs to address quality. Pulling the 43,000 mile 232 out of my
72 Grem this week.Later...Joe

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS