[BaadAssGremlins] Anyone want to see the Pikeville, NC AMC dealership (

[BaadAssGremlins] Anyone want to see the Pikeville, NC AMC dealership ( from the air? )...Google Maps...

 So, you've never visited an AMC dealership, since
most have closed ( all you say? Nay! ), but now you
have the chance, at least at the seat of your
computer. Here's the link, and how to get to see it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&q=aerial%20pikeville%20NC&sa=N&tab=wl

1) Type or copy the above link, it should take you to
Pikeville, NC map ( if you have dial-up, I pity you! )

2) Once at the map, click on the Satellite link box in
the right corner of the map ( 3 button boxes there,
middle is Satellite, between Map and Hybrid)

3) Once the aerial map loads, you can click on the
left vertical adjustment bar to the 2nd thin line from
the top, the first gives you an error.

4) NOW you're getting to the juicy stuff! You should
be at the center of town, a green arrow in the middle
of the picture. Two vertical features, railroad line
on the left, and a 2-lane road on the right, Rt. 117 (
green arrow just to left of road ).

5) Hold down the left mouse button, and shove the
picture UP, keeping the road to the right in view.
You'll go about 1/3 of a mile "down" (south), scale (
ha ha , figure it out! ). Go down until you see a
single big building on the right in a brownish field,
big parking lot, whitish roof. Now STOP. ( you can
also click on Hybrid, and see Rt. 117, and go down to
Booker St. NW, the AMCs start just below that road.)

6) Look on the left side of the road. You should see a
lot with trees, vegetation, and lots of rectangularish
dots and a few buildings. THAT is the Pikeville, AMC
dealership owned by the Cooper brothers. Neat, huh?

7) Now for a quick tour. Assuming that the cars are
still there, I'll let you look for these cars listed
below ( good luck spotting them ).Find the front gate
pull-in by the road , this is your reference point.
Now to find :

red/white/blue Javelin - go straight in from gate( to
the left on the screen), to the slanted shadowed area,
car is about 100 feet in, was barely visible from
gate.

gold-green 390 Ram Air '70 Javelin - take a left at
the gate, go to the building, it was in the lower
right corner area, just in front of the building
corner.

blue 343 Javelin with black vinyl top - close to the
above 390 Ram Air car, I think closer to the gate.

Matador Coupe, either Cassini or Brougham, two-tone
gold or red? - along the front fence line by the road,
about halfway down from the gate to the building.

purple and gold Gremlin X - take a left thru the gate
towards the building ( down on the screen ), you can
just see a line of reddish cars about 20 feet from the
gate blocking the driveway - it's right there.

Eagles , Jeeps, etc. - top fence line, go right inside
the gate to the fence ( straight up on PC screen), all
the newer stuff is there.

white Gremlin, outside lot, extreme upper left corner
to the left of the twin line of trees - by the
railroad tracks, outside the main lot, with other,
about 20? , amc cars, some Ramblers. Most still have
KEYS in them! no one bothers them. Or didn't when I
visited a few years ago.

 Well, that's the quick n' dirty Pikeville, NC AMC
dealership tour. It's on Rt. 117 , near Goldsboro, NC.
If you've never been by there, is an amazing ( but sad
) sight to see. Lots of AMC metal there wasting away.
Wish I could spend a few months there just exploring
the entire lot! It's so overgrown, no telling what's
in there. Wonder if the two Cooper brothers even have
a reliable inventory of what's there? It'd be
interesting to see all of it ( winter would be best,
with bugs and snakes down for the season ). Ah, well,
wishful thinking.
 So,now you can see there IS still a small AMC oasis
in existance, tattered, torn, and terrible-looking,
but existing nontheless. Hope you enjoyed the free
show. All for now,

Jerry in Virginia