[BaadAssGremlins] A Little Progress Yesterday

[BaadAssGremlins] A Little Progress Yesterday

I went to install the missing thermostat for the auxiliary cooling fan
yesterday. You should have seen the Mickey Mouse way they had of
mounting it. It had a spiral spring wrapped around it with an eye on
each end. You were supposed to use wire ties to tie the thermostat to
either the cars thermostat housing or through the cooling fins on the
radiator. Sorry but this Mickey Mouse crap isn't happening on my car. I
figured a neat professional way to install it. An "L" bracket was made
with a hole in it for the thermostat and 2 small mounting holes for the
2 spring eyes to be screwed to the bracket. Now the thermostat was
placed flush against the front of the radiator tank and the "L" bracket
mounted on the radiator core support with 2 screws. There is no Rube
Goldburge, jury rigging or duct tape or any other Mickey Mouse crap on
my cars and after working for almost 3 years straight on this car it
wasent going to happen now. Also for the first time somthing actually
went in easy. I replaced the cheap after market plastic over flow
radiator tank in the car with a polished aluminum billet one. I bought
the unpolished one and polished it myself and saved 20$. The mounting
tab fit a hole in the radiator support and the tank bolted right in with
just the hoses having to be trimmed to the proper length. Now this makes
the stock AMC yellowed plastic windshield washer tank look shabby. I'll
have to check out Jeggs catalog for an aluminum tank I can modify to
replace the plastic washer one. All I need is a tank close enough in
size with a filler cap. Cut a hole in the bottom of the tank for the
pump and bolt in the stock pump through the filler. I also need to make
a bracket to mount a modern fuse holder I got from Ron Francis Wiring
under the hood. Next is the on-of-on toggle switch for the auxiliary
fan. While I am at It I may as well replace the gas gauge in the inst.
cluster and see if it is fixed and the gauge finally works. I also have
another headlight switch, maybe this will fix the dome light problem and
the inst. lights not dimming. I was going to start on my pin stripe
resto but it is just to hot and humid to do it at this time. I can work
on my 77 AMX fender flairs in the A/C for now.
"Doc"