Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Switch (Doc?)

In a message dated 7/13/2006 7:18:21 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The main wire that energises everything off of the starter solenoid the
energises all the circuits is where I came from. It has a fusible link
in it. I think it is 14# gauge wire or the next heavier. I did this over
2 1/2 years ago so I am working off a poor memory for somthing I did
only once. I checked the TSM for the fusible link amperage and bought
some. It comes in a small roll in the help section of your auto parts
store. I added the proper length to the wire used. I used the next size
wire than the original one for safety reasons and routed it to a HD 35
amp toggle switch that I got from Ron Francis Wiring. The switch is
nothing to scrimp on. I have used his products for years, not cheap but
quality stuff. I think the switch was around 15$. I initially put this
switch in because that crap Motorola alt. would make the alt. light glow
when the engine was turned off. I got tired of pulling the battery cable
off when I parked the car at night and having to hook it up the next
morning. Now that I have the Delco I really don't need it but it will be
good when the car sits for a few weeks at a time in the winter and also
works as a cheap anti theft device. The positive battery cable from the
battery to the solenoid is still live but with the switch off everything
after that is dead. I just got another 35 amp switch from Ron Francis.
This is an on-off-on switch for the auxiliary cooling fan. I can either
turn it off completely or let the thermostat operate it or turn it on
manually.
"Doc"
Thanks Doc! Sounds like I have my work cut out for me this weekend!
Charlie

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS