Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gas mileage

Terry mine maybe has 500 miles on it since I got it out of the shop just
before Christmas. I don't have a problem because I am a hard driver. If
I were you I would put a can of some kind of carbon cleaner in the gas
to clean out the combustion chambers and valves. Also if you feel
premium makes the car run better add an octane booster to the regular
gas. This has to be a whole lot cheaper than using premium. Regular here
last week when I filled up all 3 cars was 3.33$ You probably get way
better gas mileage than me but using premium you probably pay more.
Since I don't have stock size tires on the car the speedo is off so I
couldn't get an accurate check on mileage. Since I am retired and only
drive locally 10$ a week on my main driver I can live with.
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message ---

I know you are right Doc. I used to run regular in it all the time. I tried a couple of tanks of high price gas because I think somewhere on here suggested it. I know it is in my head but it does seem to run better off of it. The cars whole problem is it is just isn't driven enough. I have put a whole 500 miles on it since April the 1st. I put that many on my daily driver in a week believe me all the rest of my cars get the cheap stuff.
Terry

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Terry you put premium in a low compression low or no lead 6 cyl. engine?
I put the cheapest regular I can find, the timing and the carb is
adjusted for it. The car can spin the E-60-14's ( Old school tire no#'s
metric makes my head hurt :-) ) I drive the car every day, 5-6 days a
week and I mean hard and it cost me barely 20$ for 2 weeks. My gas gauge
still doesn't work. Tune the engine for the regular it was designed for
and save quite a few bucks. Just my 2 cents.
"Doc"