Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Me Gremlin Progress

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Me Gremlin Progress

You can never have enough parts to chose from. New door clips are still
available. I bought a box of 100 and did both cars. I have seen that
Devil's Backbone thing on TV. It's interesting. I enjoy almost anything
automotive on TV. Like Rick said once you get the car back from paint it
will start to come together in no time.
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message ---

I bought some very nice blue door panels off ebay last year sometime
and they even came with the clips. They will do nicely. I still
haven't decided yet if I am going to dye them or use them as a
contrasting color. There are so many shades of blue and some look
good together and others clash. The brown ones that came out of the
76 are still in good shape and I'm finding that I have lots of spare
parts to choose from at this point. I guess all those part gathering
trips really are paying off!
To answer your other post, I have not fired the engine up yet. Sad,
isn't it? I'm about to pee in my panties to do that, but I'm now
focusing on finishing the body and interior. I go spray blaster in
the plug holes and turn it over by hand every so often. The 74 is
still sitting in my back yard covered up, killing the grass
underneath it. I will probably sell it to a group member or strip it
when the 76 comes back and I am done with it.
My brother came through here on his way to Maryland a couple of
weeks ago, so now I have his decked out Jeep in my back yard as
well. You should see this thing - snorkle, winch, custom made rack
on the back, etc. He has been to every national Jeep Jamboree for
the past 10+ years and more. Last year he went down Devil's backbone
in Arizona. He writes articles for a 4x4 magazine and has test
driven new Jeep Cherokees for Chrysler during their design phase. He
even took one to Korea with him when he was stationed there. I can't
tell you how many Jeeps that boy has had in his lifetime, but it all
started with a '56 Willys and a 76 AMC CJ-5! ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, AMC74HORNET@... wrote:

> Lu what are you using for door panels. Mine were water damaged,
warped
> and crumbling and that was just the backing. The vinal covering was
> peeling off and dried and cracked by the sun. I had to make
completely
> new ones from scratch.
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---