[BaadAssGremlins] Latest Project Now Under Way

[BaadAssGremlins] Latest Project Now Under Way

After picking out 4 good rear 77 AMX fender flairs the other day I have
started to strip the paint off them. I was told they were painted with
Dupont Centari acrylic enamel. I am using SEM spray can plastic bumper
stripper. I tested it on an extra flair I have to make sure it worked
and did not damage the flair. It seems these flairs
were painted white and primed and painted white again. The stripper
seems to work well but with the extra paint it takes an extra 1-2
applications of stripper to remove all the paint. It took one whole can
to strip one flair. Over the counter it is 12$ a can. I bought it
through my friend for 8$ a can which is a big savings. But I figured I
could strip all the flairs and the front air dam with 4 can's. I now
figure I will need an extra 4 cans of stripper to finish the job. At
least I have enough to strip the next 2 flairs between today and
tomorrow. One of the 4 flairs I picked out was not painted. When I
bought everything I got 3 extra flairs and all the unpainted one needs
is to be sanded and primed. I am using SEM spray can bumper primer and
for the orange color I am using Sherman Williams acrylic enamel with
Morton's Impact 200 flexible paint additive. 40$ for a pint of the
Impact 200 and 95$ for a gallon of the orange and 20$ for a gallon of
thinner. I will have to tint the orange slightly to match the original
orange paint on the car. It is a close match right out of the can but
not close enough for me. You allknow w a pain I am. :-)~
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM