Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 79-80 AMX flaming fire ball hood decals wanted

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 79-80 AMX flaming fire ball hood decals wanted

I beg to differ on the flamming fire ball. My friend was a truck painter
for 50 years and just recently retired. You should see some of the large
company emblems and logo's that he had made from pictures and stationary
for the side of huge box trucks and vans. And the price was reasonable.
You just have to hunt for a small commercial shop that is car or bike
friendly and needs the money for a fast job. I have one in my area and
know the owner for 30 years. Places like this usually pocket the money
and don't report it. :-) I was going to have him make the AMC center
emblems out of decals for the knock offs on my turbine wheels until I
figured out how to make 3 dimensional plastic emblems from scratch out
of model car building materials I had in the house.
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message ---

Yes and no, with the advancement in technology it is easier to do stripes,
decals, weatherstrips, emblems, and other items, however if someone only
wants one of it, it would still probably be more cost effective to get one
from a place that specializes in stripes and decals. But like anything,
should someone have a 79-80 AMX decal and want, say one made, it will be
expensive. If they wanted say, 50, cost goes down, if they want 100 cost
goes down further, but then we get into the 'supply/demand' with AMC, such
as how many 79-80 AMXs made total production, and of those, how many are
left, and how many didn't want the gaudy fireball on the hood (there was a
delete box on the order form for it, which many did) and lastly, of the ones
that are left (I estimate 80-95 1980 AMXs are left in any condition) how
many people want to restore/fix/restify/custom one up, and of those, how
many in 2006 want a big flaming fireball on the hood? Sort of like the huge
screaming chicken the Firebirds had. Or some of the strange stuff some of
the later 70s Road Runners had on them. Again, not for everyone, however, it
comes down to costs, whether one or 100 made, and I guess the old supply and
demand thing, which has done wonders for AMC in the past, but is also
sometimes a AMC curse.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825