[BaadAssGremlins] AMC being revived thread on Mopar site

[BaadAssGremlins] AMC being revived thread on Mopar site

Mike Wilson sent me this, it is interesting but no names provided on
'insiders'
 http://hemi.l3it3r.com/?permalink=1104
about AMC possibly being revived.

I also wrote back Mike this:
"Won't happen. You will however see bits and pieces. From the current
Chrysler 300 grill identical to the 72 Ambassador grill, to the possible
intro of the new Hornet series. But bringing back American Motors won't
happen. You can also go to the government tradmark site and research it, DCX
let the trademark slip years ago and someone in California bought the rights
to the name, not that they will do anything with it except sit on it, sort
of like internet squatters I guess. I would like to see some names revived
like Ambassador and Javelin but again, don't think it will happen, now or
2010. DCX does need some low end cheepie if you will, brand to compete with
a variet fo under $14K cars on the market. And they can do it. However
reviving a automaker that constantly had surnames like 'struggling' or 'in
financial trouble' plastered in front of it in the 70s thru it's demise
won't happen as people will still have a negative memory of it. Not us, we
are AMCers! But the buying public will remember and I guarantee you and will
be more than willing to bet you some beers: that the first thing out of the
press, whether automotive or otherwise, mouths would be "the failed
automaker that used to make Gremlin and Pacer". Not the image DCX wants, nor
needs in 2006, nor 2010. They did make a Hornet, and Matador and Edsel had a
Pacer all in the late 50s/early 60s, so who knows, maybe they start with
Hornet, then Rebel or Matador, but my money will beon the Hornet name being
revived, but NOT anything AMC name due to the stigma unfortuately still
associated with it."

I guess not what everyone would want to hear, however, realistic I guess.
:~P

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825