Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cruise Night for the Grublin

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cruise Night for the Grublin

Charlie, if anyone ever asks you about 'where did you find a Gremlin' and they may be looking for one to buy, send them to my site, there are hundreds of free leads on cars for sale there. There is also a link to Bart's forum here with photo in case they wish to join up also.

On the laughs, you must remember some of them were still dropping bondo in their daipers when these cars were new. Ignorance is bliss you know. I have found some people laughing thru the years, but most are laughing as they have great memories of something AMC. There are smiles, laughs, grins, thumbs up, waves, whistles, honks, I get shit like that daily in Houston driving any of my AMCs.

Some of my favorites is just last week a homeless fellow selling candies at Westheimer and Beltway 8, ultra busy intersection sees more than 150,000 cars plow thru it a day, but he was standing there and said "Ambassador!" "My dad had one with a 390V8 in it back in the early 70s, man, that son of a bitch was fast, and hot rodders would turn corners if they saw him coming knowing he would whip their ass!"

I gave him a buck and light turned green.

I won't even go into getting pulled over after shtting down the club at 3-4AM. Think about it. houston, Texas. 3-4 in the morning. Driving home, top down, 68 Rebel convertible rumbling down Memorial drive. you are in The Villages. If you fart and it smells wrong you get you ass pulled over and beat. Houses in the cheap range are $500K, some go to over $30 mil. But got pulled over a few times, and you talk about scared......only to have the constable come up and say "hey, neat car, whatcha got under the hood?" or "AMC Rebel, who makes that, have never seen one before!" Great icebreaker!!!

So enjoy being the only on there with a AMC. It is one of the reasons why we choose AMC...to be different!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx