Re: [BaadAssGremlins] getting crap for swapping to V8

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] getting crap for swapping to V8

I am the one along with Eddie said you didn't need the all the vacum lines  and you don't but I have to agree with Doc my 78 232 has them all on and it runs fine. I am going to take a look at mine tomorrow I swear I don't remember it having that many vacum lines on it. Then if  you want to see vacum lines pop the hood of a new one. Personaly and I don't want to upset you either but I think you are getting vacum lines mixed up with other things. I would have to go back and look at your earlier post but I believed you said it was a 77 258. If this is true the first thing you are not missing the catalic converter. It never had one on it. The 77 258 AMC was one of the last cars made without one. I think you will also noticed it had no air pump. It never had one of these either. As for as what you are refering to as a vacum pump. Your car doesn't have a vacum pump on it. That is not how they crate vacum. What you are descriping is nothing but a vacum canister. It has no moving parts in it. Fords had them on them I didn't think AMC's did but I guess they might.When I ask what is was suppose to do I was told it was suppose to smooth out the amount of vacum. If what you have is what Eddie thinks it is then it has nothing to do with your vacum actually it is your vent for your gas tank. My next question is why do you think it is your vacum lines anyway. Is it because it is running rough. That could be a bunch of things. I think Doc might be right without seeing and hearing your car run we can't tell you what is wrong with it with what you have told us. Before you start taking off hoses and disconecting parts you have no idea what they are it might be a lot cheaper in the long run to have a mechanic take a look at it.
Terry
.

New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big. __._,_.___

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS